New, greater protection, dog vaccine now being offered at Ashworth Vets
Ashworth vets have changed dog vaccines to offer your pet greater protection
As you know, we vaccinate dogs against a variety of diseases including parvovirus, leptospirosis, distemper and hepatitis - all of which can sadly be fatal.
Diseases do not stay the same. New strains can emerge from time to time, which is why our vets continue to clinically review our vaccination policy and take advice from leading experts.
As a result, we are pleased to tell you that we are one of the first practices in the country to provide our clients with a completely new vaccination range called Versican Plus®, which we believe offers your dog the most up-to-date protection available.
Parvovirus is a highly contagious and nasty disease which is potentially fatal and this innovative vaccine range contains a new strain offering excellent protection, particularly against the most common type of Parvovirus seen in the UK.
Another reason for selecting this vaccine is its broader protection for Leptospirosis. This disease is widespread, carried by rodents such as rats and other animals too. It is a serious disease infecting both dogs and people. Traditional vaccines tend to cover only two types, however this new vaccine provides additional protection covering four strains of leptospirosis.
There is also good news for puppy owners too. The vaccine can be used in puppies from an early age so you can both start exploring the outside world sooner.
- New VHD vaccine for Rabbits & problems with existing vaccine
- NEW confirmed cases - Alabama Rot Update
- Ashworth's Vets & Fleet Carnival Dog show
- FREE First Aid Evening at Ashworths, Cove
- Paws for Tea event - Wednesday 18th May 12-2pm
- New Fit for life prices- Seresto collar tick treatment discount now available...
- Microchipping your dog is now compulsory
- New, greater protection, dog vaccine now being offered at Ashworth Vets
- FREE Information Evening - Nutrition & Weight Management